Combating Global Human Exploitation
As part of its Executive Certificate Series, on September 7, 2019, SCI will offer “Combating Global Human Exploitation,” presented by SCI Instructor Opal Singleton.
Human Trafficking is the fastest growing criminal enterprise in the world. We are truly experiencing a “Societal Shift.” Trafficking of people is a 21st century phenomenon impacted by mass migration, refugee displacement, terrorism and homegrown violent extremism, and technology. By 2020, the entire world is expected to be connected to the Internet. Advancing technologies will change crime and crime-solving on a scale never before realized. For the first time in history, it will be a “world without borders and a home without walls,” not only for our children but also for cartels, organized crime, pedophiles and predators of all kinds.
Few law enforcement agencies and corporate and civic leaders are prepared to address the kinds of human exploitation that are generated against our children in the United States and around the world. The challenge is to equip a cadre of global and U.S. experts for prevention, intervention and prosecution for human exploitation cases, bringing perpetrators to justice and providing services and safe haven to victims.
The one-day course is the most comprehensive program in the nation designed to address some of the more complex issues critical to prepare leadership to combat US and global human exploitation. Course subject matter includes:
- Labor trafficking and transparency in the supply chain
- Sex trafficking – Psychology of grooming, recruitment, breaking, selling and recidivism
- Gang trafficking – Comparative models and operation methodologies
- Foreign national trafficking – Exploring cultural protocols and global sex trafficking rings
- Victimology, trauma bonding, medical, legal, psychological and safe haven needs
- Public Policy – Impact of California, national and global laws on crimes and prosecution
- Human exploitation trends for 2020 and 2025.
- The Societal Shift: Impact of technologies, vaporware, livestreaming, encryption, crypto-currencies, block chain, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence on crime and crime-solving.
Registration Deadline: September 1, 2019.
The cost to attend is $399, which includes materials, meals and parking. To register, please e-mail SCI@price.usc.edu with the subject line “HUMAN EXPLOITATION – EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE SERIES,” including your full name and organization (if applicable) in the body.Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org call (213) 740-2928