Leadership in the 21st Century
Due to the national emergency surrounding COVID-19, this program will be postponed until further notice.
As part of its Executive Certificate Series, on April 25, 2020, SCI will offer “Leadership in the 21st Century,” presented by SCI Instructor Alexandra Lieben.
This eight-hour interactive and discussion-based course is designed to expand your management skills and accelerate your growth as a leader. It is an immersive introduction to leadership training that will cover critical topics while also responding to the needs of the participants in the room.
This one-day course provides training that is applied, relevant and organized around three pillars.
Foundations of Leadership
- Exploring your personal management and leadership style
- Leadership demands in public sector, private sector, and paramilitary organizations
- Hallmarks of great management and leadership
- Role of professional socialization and organizational culture
- Team motivation – team effectiveness
- Employee coaching and development
- Building accountability, trust and respect
- How are decisions made?
- Individual and organizational responsibility in the face of challenges, fear and uncertainty
- Stress management
Effective Communication, Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving
- Information flow and effective communication practices – from interpersonal communication to dialogue facilitation and problem-solving workshops
- The art of building coalitions and community
- Building the skills to successfully manage and resolve conflicts
Valuing Culture and Diversity
- Human emotions and emotional intelligence
- Developing cultural competence
- Exploring organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Overcoming bias and managing across differences
The course will be held from 9 AM to 5 PM, with an hour lunch break (lunch will be provided).
Registration Deadline: April 10, 2020.
The cost to attend is $399, which includes materials, meals and parking. To register, please e-mail SCI@price.usc.edu with the subject line “LEADERSHIP – EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE SERIES,” including your full name and organization (if applicable) in the body.