- This event has passed.
Suicidality in Special Populations of Children and Youth
October 5 @ 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM| $50
The “Suicidality in Special Populations of Children and Youth” conference offers a forum presented by a team of leaders and expert practitioners that promise to stimulate open learning and dialogue with the focus on suicidality among some of our most vulnerable children and youth. This training will provide a review of recent research on suicidality and suicide prevention in this already vulnerable population. Through the use of case examples, attendees will be guided to draw from personal and professional knowledge to identify strength-based and trauma-informed practice interventions to mitigate these vulnerabilities. Additionally, we will discuss how to incorporate culturally responsive practices into suicide prevention and intervention strategies.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize the risk factors, or red flags, indicative of maladjustment.
- Identify behaviors of concern.
- Identify ways in which suicidality presents in children with I/DD- symptoms and behaviors to look out for.
- Identify strength based and trauma-informed prevention strategies.
- Incorporate culturally responsive strategies in suicide prevention and intervention.
- Recognize how to assess for risk when providing suicide prevention and intervention services to LGBTQIA+ youth of color.
- Prepare action steps for creating safer and affirming spaces for LGBTQIA+ youth of color.
- Define intersectionality and how to apply it to your clinical practice when working with LGBTQIA+ youth of color.
This conference is intended for mental health workers, peer providers, mental health and health professionals, para-professionals and the community. Register today for the online conference.