Safe School Climate Certificate Program
SCI, in partnership with PCE Solutions, offers the Safe School Climate Certificate (SSCC) program, engaging participants with critical insight on emerging trends impacting a safe learning environment. The SSCC prepares educational leaders with the knowledge base, technical skills, and program development methods needed to effectively establish a safe and supportive school climate for all students and staff.
This comprehensive certification program goes beyond just building capacity in educational leaders. It equips participants with the essential tools and proven curriculum to increase engagement in students and effectively build a safe school climate. Participants become certified trainers of the PLUS Program, an evidence-based Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR) model that is used by educational leaders as a tool to implement their action plans.
Participants learn how to:
- Target core campus issues impacting a safe school climate, using sources of quantitative and qualitative data to implement effective interventions.
- Use Student Voice as a source of program development that works alongside LCAP/ESSA, PBIS/MTSS, school safety plans and mental wellness planning for all students.
- Build an evidence-based youth development program proven to increase student engagement and academic achievement.
- Align program development with district accountability plans and stakeholders network.
SSCC is a six-week online program. In 2021, the available SSCC sessions include:
- Spring: April 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20 (8:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Summer: June 21-24 (8:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
The class structure is delivered in two learning modules each session.
Module 1: Training of Trainer – Learn how to implement the PLUS Program on a school campus. Includes data integration, action planning and situational learning. Participants develop school safety plans and align the PLUS program as an extension of their MTSS/PBIS initiatives.
Module 2: Topic-Specific Capacity Development – A diverse cross-section of content experts from across the country train on a variety of topics impacting safe schools. These topics include: bullying prevention and harassment; vaping and drugs; mental health and grief support; extremism and hate; gang prevention and intervention; and social media safety issues.
Upon completing the program, participants receive:
- Safe School Climate Certificate
- PLUS Program Trainer Certification
- Curriculum and Survey Instrument – PLUS Implementation kit
SSCC is designed for education leaders, including district and school administrators, school safety administrators, student support administrators, and activity directors and counselors.
The cost per attendee is $2,000. To register, visit the training provider website, PCE Solutions. Visit the PLUS Program website or call (866) 403-9484 for more information.