- This event has passed.
Combating Online Hate in Schools
May 24, 2019 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Museum of Tolerance is hosting a one-day program on how educators and other adults in school communities can address the growing problem of young people’s exposure to online hate. The Museum invites participation of all caring adults in school communities, including support staff, School Resource Officers, classroom teachers and coaches.
Program attendees will:
- Learn from visiting national experts about the latest research and promising practices from across the country
- Meet and hear Tim Zaal, a former White Supremacist, who educates on warning signs
- Be oriented to a new free program created by the MOT that empowers students to decode and reject online hate
- Receive free resources created by renowned NGOs in the field that support every member of a school team
- Experience a custom Museum tour and Dialogue with fellow educators and school professionals
Register online to attend.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – 310.772.7620