Los Angles Protective Security Advisor (PSA) Brian Keith has been honored with the DHS “Protective Security Advisor of the Year” Award. Annually, InfraGard Members, FBI Private Sector Coordinators, and Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) PSAs are nominated by their InfraGard Members Alliance (IMA) for their achievements, activities and contributions in the advancement of the InfraGard Program goals. The Awards Committee, comprised of 18 InfraGard leaders from around the country, reviews these nominations and selects a winner each year.
PSA Keith, also an SCI instructor, was honored with the award for his advocacy of the CISA mission and his distinguished reputation among his stakeholders. He has served as the Los Angeles PSA since 2009 and was recognized for his efforts in providing numerous site security surveys to houses of worship and other critical infrastructure facilities in the Los Angeles area. In addition to conducting physical security assessments, he is one of three PSAs trained in CISA Region 9 to operate specialized camera equipment to conduct assessments for special event planning using the Infrastructure Visualization Platform (IVP) Program.
Using his experience with the IVP Program, in 2015, PSA Keith spearheaded the Los Angeles Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Working Group and is currently an instructor on “Drone Technology and UAS Threats to Critical Infrastructure” for SCI’s Public Safety Leadership Program (PSLP).
PSA Keith’s other work includes:
- In March 2020, he was one of the key planners for the Inaugural Faith Communities Security Summit.
- In June 2019, he served as a panelist for the “Leveraging Federal Assets” Panel for the 2019 InfraGard Pacific Region Information Sharing Initiative.
- In March 2019, he provided key support to private sector partners while attending the Persistent & Emerging Chemical Threat: Preparedness & Response InfraGard Meeting.
- From 2018 to 2019, he coordinated with Los Angeles InfraGard President Roger Rieger on identifying training courses through the FEMA Private Sector Academy as well as FEMA ICS Courses.
- In June 2018, he played a significant role in assisting Sector Chief Jason Periard with the Jewish Federation of Los Angeles plan for and present at the 6th Community Security Initiative (CSI) Symposium.
- In July 2018, he served on a UAS Threats panel for the Los Angeles FBI Domestic Security Alliance Council (DSAC) and the InfraGard co-sponsored Private Security Exchange (PSX) Conference .
“We are extremely pleased to see Brian’s years of consistently high performance recognized at a national level,” said Regional Director Frank Calvillo. “Brian has truly exemplified what it means to deliver proactive engagement to our many critical infrastructure stakeholders.”