- This event has passed.
Criminal Justice Initiative: A Community Conversation
August 28, 2019 @ 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Beyond Crime Data – How do you define public safety in the neighborhoods you serve?
On Wednesday, August 28, the USC Price Center for Social Innovation and SCI will host a panel discussion and community forum as part of the new NDSC Criminal Justice Data Initiative. This event will explore the current public safety data landscape in Los Angeles and identify the additional neighborhood-level data needed to improve public safety in our communities.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Networking & Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 8:40 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Jack H. Knott, Dean, USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
- Professor Gary Painter, Director, USC Price Center for Social Innovation
8:40 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Panel discussion
Moderator: Professor Erroll Southers, Director, USC Safe Communities Institute
- Earl Paysinger, Vice President, Civic Engagement, University of Southern California
- Joumana Silyan Saba, Commissions & Community Engagement, HCIDLA
- Fernando Rejón, Executive Director, Urban Peace Institute
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Table Talk
- How would criminal justice data help you do your work more effectively?
RSVP online to attend.